Puran Poli with Aamti
125 grm chana daal washed n soaked for an hour
Few saffron leaves
1 pinch salt
1 tsp ghee
Water as needed
1. Preasure cook chana daal till soft. Churn the daal and remove 1 cup to make aamti
2. Now add the sugar, on medium flame keep cooking till the mixture thickens to a smooth paste, add saffron mix well and let it cool.
3. Once the mixture is warm enough to handle then remove in a bowl n refrigerate for half an hour
4. Make soft smooth dough with maida, ghee, salt n water, beat the dough to remove lumps and smoothen it. Leave covered for some time then again knead to smooth.
5. Divide the dough into 8 portions, roll each a little, fill in the chana daal mixture (puran). Seal from all the sides, roll into flat.
6. Heat tawa and roast the poli from both the sides till pink n crisp. Apply 1 tbsp ghee n serve with aamti.